What is Hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy or water therapy, is the use of water in the therapeutic treatment of different conditions.
Hydrotherapy takes advantage of the physical properties of water i.e. temperature and pressure for the rehabilitation of injuries and the treatment and relief of pain.
Perfect Therapy clinic is uniquely equipped with individual hydrotherapy units to assist with treating variety of musculoskeletal, orthopaedic, rheumatology and other conditions.
What conditions is Hydrotherapy suitable for?
- Musculoskeletal conditions - back pain, neck pain, pre and post surgery, muscle, joint and bone injury, muscle atrophy, amputation
- Joint or muscle pain
- Rheumatology conditions - fibromyalgia, ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis
- Neurological conditions - neuralgia, cerebral palsy, stroke (CVA),
- Other conditions benefiting from hydrotherapy: some types of oedema / swelling, poor circulation, insomnia, anxiety
Are there any contraindications to hydrotherapy?
You will be assessed by your therapist before the Hydrotherapy is prescribed to make sure it is safe for you.
- Open wound or cut
- Acute Inflammation
- Certain Cardio-vascular diseases
- Varicose veins (late stage, venous ulcers)
- High Blood pressure / Hypertension (over 200/100mHg)
- Kidney disease
- Fever (relative)
- Pregnancy (relative)
Our clinic offers five individual hydrotherapy units:
Ocean Whirlpool - full body bath with optional underwater massage
Cascade Whirlpool - lower back and lower limbs bath
Coral Whirlpool - bath for upper limbs and hands
Scottish shower (Scotch Hose) - alternating pressurised hot/cold water jets