Soňa is Chartered Physiotherapist with over 20 years of work experience. Her specialist area is Hand Therapy. She has been interested in hands since she was an undergraduate and she has been working in this field for over 18 years. Soňa is continuously expanding her skills and knowledge to provide the best treatment for her clients.
Her other area of expertise is treatment of scars, especially after surgery, and she has recently qualified as a Certified Scar Therapy Practitioner.
In her free time Soňa enjoys sewing, hiking and travelling. She lives with her husband, 4 kids, 2 dogs and 2 cats in Tralee.
- graduated from Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic in 1996 with BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy
- MSc in 1998 in Rehabilitation Engineering at the same University.
Professional Work experience and employment
- Asklepios Klinik Schaufling, Germany - 1998; after finishing her Msc degree Sona work as a staff Physiotherapist in the rehabilitation clinic specialising in Neurology and Orthopaedics
- Bon Secours Hospital, Tralee - 2002 -2021. During her 19 years in the Bons she has been treating patients in both inpatients and outpatients settings and gained great experience in Orthopaedic, Neurology, Respiratory, Paediatrics, Musculoskeletal and Age related Healthcare.
- Perfect Therapy , Killarney - 2020 - present time; specialising in Hand therapy and treating conditions of foot and ankle but also general Musculoskeletal conditions
Additional Training and Courses
- Hand Therapy: Level 1 and Level 2 British Association of Hand Therapists accredited courses (Assessment of the Upper Limb, Static Splinting, The Wrist), Treating without pain, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Using Neoprene for Splinting the Upper Limb, Kinesiotaping in Hand Therapy, An evidence-based rehabilitation approach to peripheral nerve conditions, Arthritis of the Hand.
- Scar Therapy: Restore Certified Scar Therapy Practitioner, Restore Oncology Scar Specialist
- Respiratory Physiotherapy: Mary Massery Breathing and Postural control, Advanced RespiratoryWorkshop, NFT Resp Techniques, Management and Treatment of Hyperventilation syndrome
- Musculoskeletal:Kinesiotaping, Assessment & management of Cervical spine, Shoulder Masterclass
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage: Certified Manual Lymphatic Drainage practitioner
- Paediatrics: NDT Principles of Neuro-Developmental Treatment, Introductory Paediatric Respiratory care
- Other qualifications: Certified IAIM Infant Massage Instructor, Diploma in teaching Birthlight Baby Yoga, Massage in Schools Programme Instructor