Jana gained degree in Physiotherapy and Diploma in Occupational Therapy in Czech Republic and Slovakia nearly 20 years ago and has been working in this field since. Having had studied and gained experience abroad means Jana has larger "toolkit" of skills that she is able to use to assess and treat her clients on daily basis. Her intervention tend to bring great results even in cases where people have given up on physiotherapy and because of that she has an excellent rapport from her clients as well as referring consultants. Her special interests are rehabilitation of shoulders and cervical spine as well as hands and as one of very few therapists in Ireland she has great experience and results treating scoliosis.
Jana is not registered in Ireland to use the title “Physiotherapist” or “Occupational Therapist”.
When not working or studying Jana enjoys walking with her dog.
- St. Elizabeth University of Health and Social Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
BSc. in Physiotherapy
- Secondary School of Nursing / Nursing College, Ostrava, Czech Republic.
Higher Diploma in Ergo-therapy / Occupational Therapy
- Secondary School with specialisation in Social Care / Health Care, Ostrava, Czech Rep.
Professional Work experience and employment
- Private Practice – Ireland
- GAA clubs around Kerry
- Soccer club – Karvina, The Czech Rep.
- Rehabilitation Centre – Darkov – Karvina ,The Czech Rep.
- Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy clinic – Medicur Clinic , Prague ,The Czech Rep.
- Rehabilitation and Sanatorium Astoria a. s., Carlsbad ,Karlovy Vary, The Czech Rep.
- General Hospital in Karvina – The Czech Rep.
Additional Training and Courses
- Attending Shoulder Surgery in Bon Secours Hospital in Tralee
- Attending Knee Surgery in Sports Surgery Clinic –Santry Dublin
- Work shadowing Plastics Consultant's and Hand Therapy consultations – Cork University Hospital
- 6 weeks work experience in Department of Neurology – Kerry University Hospital Tralee
- 2 weeks Work experience – Medbase – Rehab/Sports Clinic – Zug, Switzerland
- Participation in Bon Secours Physiotherapy Study Day (Tralee, Ireland)
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (prof. Kolar, Prague, The Czech Rep.)
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (Brno, The Czech Rep.)
- Sensorimotor Stimulation (Prague, The Czech Rep.)
- Pain Management by David Butler (London, UK)
- Manual Therapy – Ribs Mobilisation / Mojzis Method (Vyskov, The Czech Rep.)
- Women´s Health – (Vyskov, The Czech Rep.)
- Rehab Training and Functional Sports Therapy (Prague, The Czech Rep.)
- Bobath Course Introductory Modul 1 (Manchester, UK)
- Bobath Course Introductory Modul 2 and 3 (Dublin, Ireland)
- Spiraldynamik – Intelligent Movement (Prague, The Czech Rep.)