Hydrotherapy or water therapy, is the use of water in the therapeutic treatment of different conditions. It is beneficial in areas such as Orthopaedic (musculoskeletal), Surgery, Neurology and Sports Medicine.
Hydrotherapy takes advantage of the physical properties of water i.e. temperature and pressure for the rehabilitation of injuries and the treatment and relief of pain.
- Musculoskeletal conditions (pre/post surgery, muscle, joint and bone injury)
- Joint/muscle pain
- Conditions such as fibromyalgia, muscle atrophy, ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, neuralgia, amputation, cerebral palsy, brain stroke, poor circulation and insomnia.
- Open wound and cut
- Fever (relative)
- Pregnancy (relative)
- Cardio-vascular disease (thrombophlebitis,
- Varicose veins (late stage, venous ulcers)
- Condition after heart attack
- Hypertension (higher than 200/100mHg)
- Kidney disease
OCEAN WHIRLPOOL €40
FULL BODY/UNDERWATER MASSAGE
Body shaped multifunction full body bath with 40 jets. An overall body massage in water (35°- 37°). Water jets are directed at specific parts of the body – arms, legs and back.
It combines the beneficial effects of heat, water pressure, massage and movement to promote muscle relaxation, improve blood circulation in the skin/sub-cutis, increase joints’ mobility and relax or tone the muscle. It also stimulates the lymphatic system and reduces pains in the locomotive system.
- People suffering from muscle tension, tightness, mobility issues, tendinitis, fibromyalgia
- Pre/post operation, acute/chronic pain, muscle atrophy, myalgia, arthritic pain and many more.
CASCADE WHIRLPOOL €30
BATH FOR LEGS AND SACROILIAC AREA
Bath adapted specifically for lower limbs with 23 hydro jets effectively placed in three massage zones.
- Post traumatic conditions of the leg, (strain, contusion, hip/knee/ankle injury), pre/post operation helping with the recovery (hip replacement, knee replacement, cartilage/ligaments’ surgery), chronic hip, knee and ankle pain, muscle strain and swelling, joint issues – injury, pain, restriction, recovery after sport performance, tired legs, swelling, tension, lower back and sciatic tissue.
CORAL WHIRLPOOL €20
BATH FOR HANDS AND ARMS
Body shaped bath with 12 highly effective hydro jets massaging specifically the arms.
- Post traumatic conditions, recovery after injury such as fracture, strain/dislocation of fingers/thumb/wrist/elbow, pre/post operation, amputation. It is also beneficial for acute or chronic pain such as arthritis, tendinopathy (tennis/golf elbow), neuropathy, carpal tunnel, etc.
- Helps with the recovery and healing process, improves blood circulation, reduces swelling, tension and pain, softening the scar and relaxing the muscle tension.
SCOTTISH SHOWER €30
Alternating water jets. Scottish power stream is a therapeutic, curative water procedure whereby a stream of pressurised water, alternating between hot and cold, is applied to the area of concern. The procedure which commences with the stream of water between 38° – 42° and 15° – 18° is repeated several times.
Scottish shower increases resistance to temperature difference, positively affecting the metabolism and stimulating the immune system.
- Active people before performance to stimulate the blood circulation and stimulate the body for performance.
- Treatment improves blood circulation and immunity mechanism responses, activates the metabolism and increases physical and mental resistance. It also has a beneficial effect on imbalances of the vegetative nervous system.
HOT/COLD FOOT BATH €10
Two separate baths with water of 10-16ºC and 40-46ºC temperature. It is an active treatment where the patient is walking – marching in the water, starting in the warm for 1 – 2 mins, then steps in to the cold water for 30 secs, repeating it for 10-15 mins and finishing in the cold water.
- People with poor circulation, swollen/heavy legs, as a prevention of varicose veins, after ankle injury (strain, contusion, dislocation), discomfort, stiffness, restriction.
- Treatment improves circulation, helps to mobilize the joints, loosen the tension, reduce pain and help with recovery.